Face Lift Surgery Mumbai, India, Delhi, Bangalore
Face Lift Surgery - Technical Name : RHYTIDECTOMY.
Face Lift Surgery Or Rhytidectomy Defined :
A facelift surgery (technically known as Rhytidectomy). Face Lift Surgery involves removal of excess fat, tightening of underlying muscles, re-draping of skin of the face and neck, lifting or re-suspension of the face to give a rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is surgical. Face Lift surgery is successfully done in India at Mumbai, Bombay, Delhi, Bangalore and Goa by qualified and trained plastic and cosmetic surgeons.
Full range of non surgical and Laser Face Lift Procedures are ALSO available. Please Contact Us for these.
To achieve satisfactory aesthetic objectives commonly Face Lift is additionally combined with Brow lift, Eyelid Surgery, Nose Reshaping, Chemical Peel, Laser Resurfacing, Botox Etc. It all depends on the condition of the individual and is absolutely on her / his sole discretion.
One of the newer techniques for Facelift surgery in India, Bombay, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Goa is now available. It is less invasive and produces equally good results. It is known as Thread Lift Surgery, you are encouraged to check it out before deciding (Details are available on this web site).
Face Lift Surgery / Rhytidectomy Advised To :
Face Lift is normally recommended to people having the following condition generally because of aging or otherwise :
· Loose Facial Skin.
· Facial Wrinkles & Furrows.
· Turkey Strings - Neck.
· Muscle weakness in and around the neck, forehead, and jowls – causing wrinkles and furrows.
· Sagging of certain areas of cheekbones.
· Loss of a well defined jaw line.
· Excess fatty tissues in the neck area.
· A deep crease or line running from the corner of the mouth to the corner of the nose.
Face Lift Surgery :
Small incisions hidden in the natural contours of the ear often extending around the ear lobe and back into the hairline are made and surgery is performed. Normally these incisions are not deep. In cases where neck lifting is also performed, a small incision is made under the chin. All incisions are so cleverly placed that they remain concealed from normal view.
Period Of Face Lift Surgery :
Face Lift or Rhytidectomy is a 1 to 4 hour-long surgical procedure and is generally performed in Local or General Anesthesia depending on the requirements. It commonly requires overnight stay at the hospital.
Face Lift - Post Operative Information :
Normally it takes 7 - 10 days for most of the swelling and bruising to settle.
If removable stitches are used then these are removed between 4 to 7 days.
Small fluid drains pipes and / or a head bandage may be used which would be removed overnight. These do not cause any major discomfort.
Other Important Information Related To Face Lift Surgery :
· Smoking has to be temporarily stopped - about two weeks in advance.
· Anti inflammatory drugs may have to be temporarily discontinued.
· It is a myth that the texture of the skin is modified through Face Lift – The skin texture does not change.
· Although long lasting but Face Lift can not defy the natural process of aging.
· Physical Straining, Forward bending and lifting of weight have to be avoided during the early postoperative period.
· The unusual feeling of tightness of the skin is temporary & will get to normal gradually.
· Resumption of normal activities may take about 10 to 15 days and resumption of strenuous activity 21 to 30 days.
· Exposure to the sun has to be temporarily regulated.
· Scarring following a facelift surgery is pink in color for the first few months before fading further into a less visible white scar. Otherwise also these scars are hidden in the hairline region and within the natural creases of the skin and are not visible.
Estimated Average Cost Of Treatment :
Differs from patient to patient and is dependent on the condition of the patient and the extent of surgery required. For Cost policy Click on COSTS.
Contact Surgeon/ Consultant :
You may call over phone or drop a mail. Please click CONTACT US.
During your personal consultation the doctor will provide with the details of the suitable procedure and more complete information, answer any questions that you may have, and address specific goals and expectations.
Health Care Tip :